- Pass Safeguarding and Child Protection – Beginners
- Front-liners working with children or in a child centered institution, eg. Social workers, Counsellors and Support Staff
This 5 Module Course specifically familiarizes front-liners working with children or in a child centered institution on the concept of child abuse perpetrated by front-liners themselves, child peers, support staff and child educators. It helps them to better understand the indicating factors of children who have or are experiencing abuse in the education institution and at home. It takes a step further into the existing laws of child abuse in Lagos State as it discusses the sections that addresses abuses as well as an introductory discuss on children in conflict with the law.
This module does not replace existing professional methods or strategies but it further strengthens them as it aims at improving the skills of front-liners such as Social workers, Counsellors and Support Staff. Participants will upon completion, receive a completion certificate.
SPECIFIC COURSE OBJECTIVES
- To identify the need for the implementation of the Lagos State Child Protection and
Safeguarding Policy in all Schools.
- To improve the overall efficiency and professionalism of social workers, teachers,
support staff / care givers in dealing with children
- To prevent and mitigate the occurrence of child abuse in Lagos State.
- To improve the understanding of laws governing child Abuse
- To understand the Lagos State SCPP and Referral Pathway